So, I'm not a mother. And after today I may never be. (And if you, the reader, aren't, take caution as you precede...).
But...I have changed my fair share of diapers. Working in nursery's and baby sitting can be a delightful experience for a young girl like me, and significant diaper changing experience is usually gained. I've changed diapers with all colors of poop, on squirmy crying boys to sweet girls who actually sit still to little boys who decide they need to go again while you are taking off their diaper.
But never once did I think about the brilliance of the changing table, the wipes or the disposable diaper.
Today, I helped my local friend change her one year old's blow-out. In my mind this could have been quickly taken care of by one person and a changing table (especially since her baby is so well behaved and docile). But that was not the case.
We took her to the bathroom, I held the sweet baby in a standing position over a basin, she removed the diaper, then proceeded to wash her child with soap and water. Basically giving her a shower, all while I was bending over and sweating because the bathroom doesn't have a fan and it is 85 degrees and humid. Then it was necessary to relocate the baby so that she could be laid down and the new diaper put on. And the basin and the bathroom needed to be cleaned.
So...to the inventor of the changing table....you are my hero of today.