Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Picture is Worth a Thousand

This morning on the bus, I was the only white person as normal and I was looking out the window watching the colorful tin houses (painted purple, blue, pink, yellow-basically any color that would be on an Easter egg or not on an American house).

When, I saw a little boy, maybe 5 or 6 sitting in the doorway of his house with his legs stretched out, and on his feet he had his father or brother's tennis shoes on the wrong feet. He seemed to be pondering life and what it would be like to fill up those shoes that were as long a his little legs.

At that moment, it would have been really great to have been a tourist with camera ready, but the bus moved on and my camera was still in my bag. However, the little boy who wants to grow up and fill his father's shoes was stuck in my mind...