Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Its too late to change your mind"

I woke up singing the High Road by the Broken Bells, a song that I think is lovely but overplayed. "Its too late to change your mind, you let love be your guide." I'm not even sure if those are the words, but it seemed somehow appropriate with everything packed up and all the goodbyes that I have said in the last three weeks, there will be no turning back. The bittersweet journey is truly beginning, but I feel like my fate was predetermined long ago. It may seem odd to some, but I cannot imagine doing anything else.

If all goes according to plan, I will be in Africa in almost exactly 36 hours (I have 30 hours of flying/layover time).

Thank you all for your help and support! I will greatly miss my sweet friends and family in my cherished homeland.

My next post will be from a different continent...