My favorite kind of day is the day that allows for reading and hours at the beach.
Yet, recently I have felt like my days are a weird whirlwind of moderate car trouble, saying good-byes to good friends, and just trying to remember everything (because if I forget something the world falls apart).
Before my days felt crazy, and the beach was a place I could loiter at, I read some recommended reading:
"Desert Flower: the extraordinary journey of a desert nomad" by Waris Dirie.
A beautiful tale of overcoming- Waris Dirie is a Somali who became a supermodel and UN spokesperson. She revealed with honesty what it was like to undergo female circumcision. This is a reality for many in the horn of Africa. A sad reality.
When I think my days are bad or hectic...I should remember I am not being prepared to be sold to an 80 year old man in exchange for 4 camels. (I'm pretty spoiled)
Funding Update:
6% increase in monthly
30% increase in pre-field
Thanks everyone for your support!!! Each day is more encouraging!