On my usual bus, when it stops to let off some passengers. The man who collects the money and hangs off the side of the door is helping the people who are getting out, when a police officer comes to the driver's window and talks to him. The officer makes him back up to where his bike is a few meters behind. The officer walks from the driver side to the right side of the bus where his bike is located, he appears to be about to give the driver a ticket or something.
When all of a sudden the driver just hits the gas!
He leaves the police officer in the dust! Everyone on the bus is screaming...not because we left the police man (which if I could have communicated that I would have), but because the driver abandoned his money man. The money man is a very important factor in the bus experience as his yelling and money clanking keep it loud. The money man is frantically chasing the bus, he finally catches up and the driver takes off again.
My lack of communication skills probably made this far more entertaining and unbelievable. However, I'm not sure if I had understood what everyone was saying my Western-"obey-the-law" mentality would have allowed me to condone driving away from the police (who never did make any pursuit as far as I could tell).